Its Tanks Against Kids With Slingshots, It's Tying Palestinians to the front of Isreali Jeeps to Use them As Shield For Goon Zionist Soldiers, Dozens of Irsaeli Jets Attacking Mosques, civilian centers, Many Many Palestinian Children Murdered, Gary Rosen and Yertle's Historic Crimes in Gaza--Sanctions Against Apratheid Isreal!
s***@aol.com
2008-12-29 17:54:13 UTC
Gaza Attacked: Why is Hamas Firing Rockets at Israel?
Sunday, 28 December 2008 18:49

Share Link:
A savage Israeli air assault on impoverished Gaza has begun. At least
250 people are dead, many of them children. While Gaza city was
reduced to a “chaotic horror,” the New York Times reported that
Israeli defense minster Ehud Barak said that “military operations in
Gaza would expand and deepen as necessary.” An Israeli blockade of
Gaza, backed by the United States and all the European powers, has
resulted in the “near death” of the Gazan economy before this barbaric
onslaught. As for the United States and the Bush Regime, Bush
spokesman Gordon Johndroe admitted “we were all aware of the
authorization (for bombing Gaza) by the Israeli cabinet.” The attacks
on the Palestinian people of Gaza are a horrible crime against
humanity, with the full cooperation, knowledge, and support of the
Bush Regime, and must be condemned and vigorously opposed.

by Kevin Gosztola

More than 200 people are reported dead in Gaza after Israeli attacks,
which were in response to ongoing rocket fire from Hamas. Israel’s
hammering of so-called Hamas targets have left over 300 injured and
Israeli Defence Minister Ehud Barak has said Israeli attacks will go
on for "as long as necessary."

The U.S., being the biggest of ally of Israel, bears some
responsibility for the worsening situation, against which supporters
of Arab and Palestinian rights are speaking out.

Reactions to the attacks from the Arab League, Syria, and Iran consist
of these following remarks, which are being reported by BBC News:

AMR MOUSSA, ARAB LEAGUE SECRETARY GENERAL

"We are facing a continuing spectacle which has been carefully
planned. So we have to expect that there will be many casualties. We
face a major humanitarian catastrophe."

SYRIAN FOREIGN MINISTRY STATEMENT

"Syria is following with great anxiety the barbaric Israeli aggression
against the Palestinian people in Gaza... a horrific crime and
terrorist act.

"Syria calls on the Arab nation and the international community to use
all possible means to put pressure on Israel to immediately stop the
aggression, allow the wounded to enter hospital and open all crossing
points [to Gaza].

"Syria as president of the Arab League calls on Arab leaders to hold
an emergency summit to assess the dangerous situation in Gaza."

HASAN QASHQAVI, IRANIAN FOREIGN MINISTRY SPOKESMAN

"Iran strongly condemns the Zionist regime's wide-ranging attacks
against the civilians in Gaza.

"The raids against innocent people are unforgiveable and
unacceptable."

Syria and Iran have been on the short list of nations the U.S. is
willing to attack--the Axis of Evil---and that may be because Israel
considers these countries to pose grave threats to their security.

In an IBA News video posted on the Jerusalem Post website, Dr. Raanan
Gissin, former spokesman for Ariel Sharon, offered his take on the
situation, one that many supportive of Israel, like those in the U.S.,
will most likely consider accurate:

“This is only the first shot in what will probably be a long, enduring
sustained operation on which its main purpose is as I understand it is
not so much to break the military force of Hamas as much as to break
its will, to continue the fighting, and to establish a different
ceasefire, a comprehensive one which will ensure that the citizens of
Israel along its southern border can live in peace and security.
Israel is exercising in a rightful way its right to self-defense. This
is something I think we can explain today better than in the previous
war in Lebanon. No doubt in my mind this is only the first or one of a
series of confrontations in fighting the frontline forces of Iran
whether it’s in the south, Hamas, or in the north, Hezbollah. We still
have several of these confrontations so long as Iran continues with
its intent to drive a wedge into the Middle East and extend the
influence.” [emphasis added]

Gissin added before his analysis was over, “Israel’s action is much
wiser than in 2006 against Lebanon.” And in a comment that one would
expect from the lips of George W. Bush, “Terrorist organizations
require perseverance, endurance, and patience on the part of the
citizens” because in this day and age, “most of the wars we are going
to be forced to fight---not choose to fight---forced to fight will be
of this kind.”

So, why is Hamas firing rockets at Israelis?

The U.S. considers the democratically elected Hamas organization to be
a terrorist organization (as does Israel). Hamas attacks Israel in
ways that terrorists attack countries---it employs guerrilla warfare
while Israel employs military operations that only rich countries with
rich U.S. support can employ.

The White House said in response to the attacks:

“"Hamas' continued rocket attacks into Israel must cease if the
violence is to stop. Hamas must end its terrorist activities if it
wishes to play a role in the future of the Palestinian people.

"The United States urges Israel to avoid civilian casualties as it
targets Hamas in Gaza."

Barack Obama, on vacation, could not offer a comment. But, as Justin
Raimondo over at Antiwar.com suggests, he probably would side with the
Israelis.

Raimondo has links that lead to this letter from then-Senator Obama
which explains why Obama might think Israel has a right to respond to
Hamas rocket fire:

Dear Ambassador Khalilzad,

I understand that today the UN Security Council met regarding the
situation in Gaza, and that a resolution or statement could be
forthcoming from the Council in short order.

I urge you to ensure that the Security Council issue no statement and
pass no resolution on this matter that does not fully condemn the
rocket assault Hamas has been conducting on civilians in southern
Israel…

All of us are concerned about the impact of closed border crossings on
Palestinian families. However, we have to understand why Israel is
forced to do this… Israel has the right to respond while seeking to
minimize any impact on civilians.

The Security Council should clearly and unequivocally condemn the
rocket attacks… If it cannot bring itself to make these common sense
points, I urge you to ensure that it does not speak at all.

Sincerely,
Barack Obama
United States Senator

That was Obama then. Perhaps we should consider Obama’s reaction to
Carter’s trip to the Middle East to meet with Hamas as an indication
of what he is really thinking now.

Carter said of his trip in April of this year:

“It's very important that at least someone meet with the Hamas leaders
to express their views, to ascertain what flexibility they have, to
try to induce them to stop all attacks against innocent civilians in
Israel and to cooperate with the Fatah as a group that unites the
Palestinians…There's no doubt in anyone's mind that, if Israel is ever
going to find peace with justice concerning the relationship with
their next-door neighbours, the Palestinians, that Hamas will have to
be included in the process.”

Seems fair, right? Obama responded to Carter’s logic by telling a
group of Jewish leaders:

“We must not negotiate with a terrorist group intent on Israel’s
destruction…We should only sit down with Hamas if they renounce
terrorism, recognize Israel’s right to exist and abide by past
agreements."

Americans United for Palestinian Human Rights has, of course, issued
this statement condemning the attacks and asking people take action.

“As of this writing, Israeli Air Force attacks today on the occupied
Gaza Strip killed an estimated 200 or more people and injured hundreds
more. These Israeli attacks come on top of a brutal siege of the Gaza
Strip, which has created a humanitarian catastrophe of dire
proportions for Gaza's 1.5 million Palestinian residents by
restricting the provision of food, fuel, medicine, electricity, and
other necessities of life.

While the scope of civilian casualties in today's attacks is not yet
clear, it is unmistakable that Israel carried out these attacks with
F16 fighter jets and missiles provided by the taxpayers of this
country. From 2001-2006, the United States transferred to Israel more
than $200 million worth of spare parts to fly its fleet of F16's. In
July 2008, the United States gave Israel 186 million gallons of JP-8
aviation jet fuel. Last year, the United States signed a $1.3 billion
contract with Raytheon to transfer to Israel thousands of TOW,
Hellfire, and "bunker buster" missiles.

“In short, Israel's lethal attack today on the Gaza Strip could not
have happened without the active military and political support of the
United States. Therefore, we need to take action to protest this
attack and demand an immediate cease-fire.”

As the situation worsens, as the attacks continue, more will be
reported by OpEdNews. In the meantime, consider why Hamas is firing
rockets. It may look like terrorism, but one man's terrorist is
another man’s freedom fighter. The only way Israel’s actions can be
considered self-defense is if we are certain Hamas is not employing
violence because it wishes to attain freedom from Israel's actions,
which recently have included a vicious blockade against Palestinians.

Also, it may be worth asking this question: Exactly what Hanukkah
tradition involves waging violent conflict?

Israeli Attacks Kill Over 310 in Gaza in One of Israel’s Bloodiest
Attacks on Palestinians Since 1948

Amidst worldwide protests, Israel is continuing its bombing campaign
against Gaza for the third consecutive day and preparing to launch a
possible ground invasion. Following months of a crippling blockade,
this has been described as one of Israel’s bloodiest attacks on
Palestinians since 1948. Latest reports indicate that 310 people have
been killed and 1,400 injured in the aerial strikes across the Gaza
Strip since Saturday morning. The latest targets of the air strikes
include the Hamas Interior Ministry building and the Islamic
University. Israel’s Defense Minister Ehud Barak announced today that
Israel is in an “all-out war with Hamas and its proxies” in Gaza.
Fears of a ground invasion are growing after Israel declared a
military buffer zone around Gaza, closing off the strip and its 1.5
million residents to journalists and civilians.

We speak to Dr. Moussa El-Haddad and Fida Qishta in Gaza, Dr. Mustafa
Barghouti in Ramallah, Gideon Levy in Tel Aviv and Ali Abunimah in the
US. [includes rush transcript–partial]

Share delicio.us
digg
facebook
newsvine
reddit
slashdot
stumbleupon

Email to a friend

Help

Printer-friendly version

Purchase DVD/CD
LISTEN
WATCH Real Video Stream

Real Audio Stream

MP3 Download

More…

Guests:

Dr. Moussa El-Haddad, retired physician in Gaza City. His daughter
Laila El-Haddad is a journalist who writes the popular blog ‘Raising
Yousef’

Fida Qishta, Freelance journalist and Gaza Strip Coordinator for the
International Solidarity Movement

Dr. Mustafa Barghouti, independent Palestinian lawmaker and democracy
activist

Gideon Levy, journalist with the Israeli newspaper Ha’aretz

Ali Abunimah, author of One Country: A Bold Proposal to End the
Israeli-Palestinian Impasse and co-founder of The Electronic Intifada.
His latest piece is called ‘We Have No Words Left’ published today in
London’s Guardian newspaper.

JUAN GONZALEZ: Amidst worldwide protests, Israel is continuing its
bombing campaign against Gaza for the third consecutive day and
preparing to launch a possible ground invasion. After months of a
crippling blockade, this has been described as one of Israel’s
bloodiest attacks on Palestinians since 1948.

Latest reports indicate that a total of 310 people have been killed
and 1,400 injured in the aerial strikes across the Gaza Strip since
Saturday morning. The latest targets of the air strikes include the
Hamas Interior Ministry building and the Islamic University. Five
people in a single family were killed in a strike Sunday night on
Jabaliya. This is a surviving family member, Iman Baloushi.

IMAN BALOUSHI: [translated] Seven of us were sleeping when, all of a
sudden, the walls came tumbling in on us. They were screaming. I told
them all to call for martyrdom, because we were going to die tonight.

JUAN GONZALEZ: Israel’s Defense Minister Ehud Barak announced today
that Israel is in a, quote, “all-out war with Hamas and its proxies”
in Gaza. Fears of a ground invasion are growing after Israel declared
a military buffer zone around Gaza, closing off the Strip and its 1.5
million residents to journalists and civilians. The Israeli cabinet
authorized a calling up of 6,500 reserve soldiers Sunday. Israeli
prime minister spokesperson Mark Regev said the military campaign
would continue until there was "quiet in the south,” referring to the
rockets launched from Gaza into southern Israel.

MARK REGEV: Our initial strikes against the Hamas military machine
have been successful, but we have no doubt that the Hamas military
machine in Gaza remains both formidable and lethal. This campaign will
continue, and we have to prepare for different contingencies.
Obviously, the final goal remains achieving peace and quiet in the
south.

AMY GOODMAN: Al Jazeera is now reporting 318 Palestinians have been
killed. Two Israelis have been killed by rockets from Gaza since
Saturday. Hamas’s political leader, Khaled Meshaal, vowed that rocket
attacks would continue and suicide missions against Israel would
resume in an interview broadcast on Al Jazeera Saturday. The exiled
leader in Damascus called on Palestinians to unite and rise up in a
Third Intifada.

KHALED MESHAAL: [translated] This is a historical moment. We worked
shoulder to shoulder during the First Intifada and the Second
Intifada. Despite the political differences between us, today what is
needed is for us to work together in the upcoming intifada and our
coming resistance, not only in Gaza, but also in the West Bank.

AMY GOODMAN: Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas, however, blamed
Hamas Sunday for triggering the Israeli assault.

PRESIDENT MAHMOUD ABBAS: [translated] I want to say very clearly that,
yes, we talked to Hamas and the leaders of Hamas in Gaza, and we spoke
to them clearly and honestly, directly and indirectly, and through
many parties, Arab and non-Arab. So we were in touch with them. Now
it’s not important what problems existed between us. We called them
and told them, “Please, we ask you, do not end the truce. Let the
truce continue and not stop,” so that we could have avoided what
happened. And I wished it had been avoided.

AMY GOODMAN: We’re joined by a number of people right now for our
discussion. In Jacksonville, Florida, we’re joined by Ali Abunimah. He
is founder of Electronic Intifada, author of One Country: A Bold
Proposal to End the Israeli-Palestinian Impasse. His latest piece, “We
Have No Words Left,” was published in London’s Guardian newspaper.

We’re also joined from Gaza by—well, from Gaza City by Dr. Moussa El-
Haddad. He’s a retired physician. His daughter Laila El-Haddad is a
journalist who writes the popular blog “Raising Yusuf.

Dr. Moussa El-Haddad, we welcome you to Democracy Now! Can you
describe where you are and what the situation is like right now?

DR. MOUSSA EL-HADDAD: Well, I am in the middle of Gaza City, in the
heart of Gaza City, and the situation is indescribable. If this is not
a holocaust, I don’t know what holocaust is. According to the news,
they say almost 318 people are dead. The majority of those are
civilians. At least 300 of them are civilians. And they say about
1,500 are injured, but a lot of them are seriously injured. The
hospitals lack a lot of the necessary staff, instruments, even gauze
and medicines, and everything is lacking. Physicians and nursing staff
are working around the clock. People cannot find a place in the
hospitals for treatment, injuries. And I am sure there will be a lot
more of the dead under the rubbles of those buildings that were
attacked and demolished.

Every now and then, we hear a rocket attack or two. So, there are
warplanes in the sky flying all over the time. As I speak to you now,
I can hear them up in the sky, the pilotless jets and the warplanes,
F-16s and God knows what. The warships in the sea are also attacking
from the sea. And attacking who? Hamas? They are not attacking Hamas;
they are attacking the people, the civilians. The civilians—I mean,
I’m looking at the street right now, the main street of Gaza, Omar al-
Mukhtar, and hardly you can see anyone walking there, because every
single person is afraid.

As you mentioned, last night, a family, five people, a woman and her
four children, were killed when they were in their house. Three and—I
don’t know, three or four mosques were demolished. These are praying
areas. These are mosques. So I don’t know—nobody is safe. No place is
safe. All the buildings that were attacked, they are not military
buildings. Even in the initial day, on Saturday, the first 150 people,
they were civil servants. They were not striking attackers. They were
civil servants, civilians. I don’t know. I—

JUAN GONZALEZ: And, Dr. Moussa El-Haddad, I’d like to ask you also
about the—there have been reports that the Israelis were trying to
block television signals. What’s the situation with the electricity,
the ability of the people to at least get some information and
communicate with each other?

DR. MOUSSA EL-HADDAD: Well, as I speak to you know, I have no
electricity in my house. I have a generator that I can open or let
work for like two or three hours every now and then to let the
internet work and watch TV. We have electricity like three or four
hours a day. We have no cooking gas. I mean, I’m talking about the
people. Maybe I have a little left in my house. But people don’t have
electricity about 75 percent of the time, no cooking gas, no gas for
the cars. So fuel is also lacking. And the only source of, like, food
and fuel lately was through Egypt, through those tunnels, and these
were attacked last night. At least forty tunnels were demolished last
night.

I don’t know. This is—can you tell me if any of this is against Hamas?
There’s nothing against Hamas. This is a clear-cut genocide and
holocaust against civilians, civilians who are helpless. They don’t
have warplanes. They don’t have warships. They don’t—even the rockets
that they talk about are homemade. And I just—I cannot—and I really
lost the words, because the situation is so bad. And we are in the
twenty-first century. We are not in tenth or fifteenth century.
Everybody in the world can see and hear. But who acts? Who is doing
anything? Now, they say the killer and the killed are the same. They
are putting Israel, with all its military power, [inaudible] level
like Hamas and people of Gaza.

AMY GOODMAN: Dr. Moussa El-Haddad, we’re also joined by Fida Qishta,
who is a freelance journalist living in Rafah and the Gaza Strip
Coordinator for the International Solidarity Movement. Welcome to
Democracy Now!, Fida Qishta. Describe what is happening in Rafah.

FIDA QISHTA: Well, at this moment, everything is calm, but yesterday
was a massive attack to Rafah’s border. They attacked the border area
with more than eleven rockets by the F-16, and it was the only source
for the Gazans to stay survivors, by the food and the medicines,
anything that they could bring through the tunnels. But now, the only
way for the Gazans to stay survive is destroyed.

And yesterday morning, they attacked a pharmacy in Rafah near my
house. It’s just fifty meters away from my house. And they [inaudible]
other normal buildings in Rafah, too, which just include families and
civilians. I don’t know what is the reason for doing that. As Dr.
Moussa said, they’re attacking civilians. And it’s true that the
Israelis say that they attack—their attack is really, really massive,
and it’s really unbelievable that we can see in our eyes what’s
happening. It’s too much. The hospitals—and even in Rafah, the biggest
hospital, Abu Yusuf Al-Najjar, cannot afford to have more than twenty
injured. And they moved the injured to Gaza City. And most of the
people stay at home. Everything is closed. It’s like a war. Nobody
goes out.

JUAN GONZALEZ: Fida Qishta, I’d like to ask you about the role of
Egypt. There have been reports that the Egyptians along the border
have prevented Palestinians from trying to escape the violence. Could
you talk about that or what you have—the reports you have heard
there?

FIDA QISHTA: Well, when we heard the attack to the border, me and some
friends from the ISM went there to observe in our eyes what’s going
on. And when we went there, we saw the Palestinians. Palestinians
didn’t try to escape. The Palestinians tried to show their anger to
the Egyptian soldiers, why they didn’t open just part of these borders
or the crossings to let the injured go out of Gaza to have treatment
in Egypt. This is what the Palestinians tried to do. They didn’t try
to escape to Egypt. This is a false information. People went to the
border with Egypt after the attacks by the F-16s happened, and they
tried to show their anger for the Egyptian soldiers to let them—just
let the injured go to Egypt for treatment. They didn’t try to escape.

AMY GOODMAN: We’re going to go to break, then come back to this
conversation. We’ll also be joined by Gideon Levy in Tel Aviv. He’s
with Ha’aretz. And Mustafa Barghouti, he’s in Ramallah. Ali Abunimah
is also with us from Florida. He’s the founder of Electronic Intifada.
Then we’ll hear an excerpt of the Nobel Prize acceptance speech of
Harold Pinter, who died last week. This is Democracy Now!,
democracynow.org. Our guests on the phone, Fida Qishta, freelance
journalist in Rafah; Dr. Moussa El-Haddad. He’s a retired physician,
speaking to us from Gaza City. Stay with us.
jgarbuz
2008-12-29 18:09:41 UTC
Post by s***@aol.com
AMY GOODMAN: We’re going to go to break, then come back to this
conversation. We’ll also be joined by Gideon Levy in Tel Aviv. He’s
with Ha’aretz. And Mustafa Barghouti, he’s in Ramallah. Ali Abunimah
is also with us from Florida. He’s the founder of Electronic Intifada.
Then we’ll hear an excerpt of the Nobel Prize acceptance speech of
Harold Pinter, who died last week. This is Democracy Now!,
democracynow.org. Our guests on the phone, Fida Qishta, freelance
journalist in Rafah; Dr. Moussa El-Haddad. He’s a retired physician,
speaking to us from Gaza City. Stay with us.
More Islamofascist and renegade extremist left-wing Jew crap. There is
a solution: Hamas can surrender! The fanatical Japanese, who also
preferred suicide to surrender, eventually did, even if it did take
two nukes to convince them.
s***@aol.com
2008-12-29 18:19:17 UTC
Post by s***@aol.com
AMY GOODMAN: We’re going to go to break, then come back to this
conversation. We’ll also be joined by Gideon Levy in Tel Aviv. He’s
with Ha’aretz. And Mustafa Barghouti, he’s in Ramallah. Ali Abunimah
is also with us from Florida. He’s the founder of Electronic Intifada.
Then we’ll hear an excerpt of the Nobel Prize acceptance speech of
Harold Pinter, who died last week. This is Democracy Now!,
democracynow.org. Our guests on the phone, Fida Qishta, freelance
journalist in Rafah; Dr. Moussa El-Haddad. He’s a retired physician,
speaking to us from Gaza City. Stay with us.
More Islamofascist and renegade extremist left-wing Jew crap. There is
a solution: Hamas can surrender! The fanatical Japanese, who also
preferred suicide to surrender, eventually did, even if it did take
two nukes to convince them.
The Jews of the Warsaw ghetto fought back with homemade molotov
cocktails and rifles against the Nazi's with tanks and war planes.
Gaza is one opened aired Concentration camp.

Day three of the war plane attacks. Palestinain hospitals didn't have
any supples at the start of the Zionist blitzkrieg. Our brothers and
sisters in Gaza are malnurished and bloody from Zionist cruelity,
greed and aggression. Yertle and Gary Rosen, the Little Hitlers of the
Internet.
jgarbuz
2008-12-30 15:15:53 UTC
Post by s***@aol.com
Post by s***@aol.com
[...]
What do you know about the Warsaw ghetto? My father was in the seige
of Leningrad, where he was lucky to get dog meat to eat. And in the
Battle of Berlin at the end. Almost all my father's friends after the
war were either camp survivors with numbers tatooed on their arms, or
had managed to escape the ghettos and make it to the forests to fight
with the partisans, or were hidden in pits in the ground by good
Christian "righteous" gentiles. My mother was the sole survivor in her
family, living in a pit for nearly 2 years. The people of Gaza haven't
a clue as to what REAL war is all about. The Israelis are still
feeding them and letting them use Israeli hospitals.
Anyhow, the Arabs have 22 countries, and Israel will not stop anyone
from leaving to go to one. I hope Israel does to Gaza what the
Russians did to Berlin at the end, and that the Hamas IslamoNazis all
shoot themselves and burn.
Ginger Cookie
2008-12-30 19:53:26 UTC
Post by jgarbuz
What do you know about the Warsaw ghetto?
"Written" like a big bad keyboard punk who never leaves his house.

I could say that -- just like the Jews of Warsaw -- any people have
the right to murder their oppressors. But then I wouldn't be a piece
of racist illiterate dogshit like you. After all, Jewish blood is just
so much more valuable than Palestinian blood. Not to mention just how
superior Israeli culture is to Palestinian culture. Just ask all the
legendary and world-renowned poets/novelists/painters/musicians/
filmmakers/economists/philosphers Israel has given us.

Oh, wait. I must be thinking of Iran.
NRF
2008-12-30 20:45:56 UTC
s***@aol.com
2008-12-31 07:39:00 UTC
Post by jgarbuz
Post by s***@aol.com
Post by s***@aol.com
[...]
shoot themselves and burn.- Hide quoted text -
Isreal is starving Palestine which is like a giant Concentration camp.
75% of Palestinians are malnurished. Large numbers of small
Palestinian children are deaf from the constant Zionist bombings and
jets breaking the sound barrier. Many small Palestinian children are
so oppressed by their conditions that they 'don't have the will to
live.'

"Never Again!" Means no people ANYWHERE should suffer what the Nazis
did to the Jews. In this case the Israels are doing the same deeds
that the Nazis did. Jewish supremacy is wrong.
drref
2009-01-01 14:58:20 UTC
Isreal is starving Palestine which is like a giant Concentration camp.
75% of Palestinians are malnurished. Large numbers of small
Palestinian children are deaf from the constant Zionist bombings and
jets breaking the sound barrier. Many small Palestinian children are
so oppressed by their conditions that they 'don't have the will to
live.'

"Never Again!" Means no people ANYWHERE should suffer what the Nazis
did to the Jews. In this case the Israels are doing the same deeds
that the Nazis did. Jewish supremacy is wrong.

ITS THE ROCKETS STOOOOOOOOOOPID!!!

did it occur to you that maybe, just maybe if the Palisimeans stopped what
the Israelies perceive as terror, this would all stop.
Did the Palisimeans even try to stop the terror??? NO
Hence, their problems
s***@aol.com
2009-01-01 21:07:26 UTC
Post by s***@aol.com
Isreal is starving Palestine which is like a giant Concentration camp.
75% of Palestinians are malnurished. Large numbers of small
Palestinian children are deaf from the constant Zionist bombings and
jets breaking the sound barrier. Many small Palestinian children are
so oppressed by their conditions that they 'don't have the will to
live.'
"Never Again!" Means no people ANYWHERE should suffer what the Nazis
did to theJews. In this case the Israels are doing the same deeds
that the Nazis did. Jewish supremacy is wrong.
ITS THE ROCKETS STOOOOOOOOOOPID!!!
did it occur to you that maybe, just maybe if the Palisimeans stopped what
the Israelies perceive as terror, this would all stop.
Did the Palisimeans even try to stop the terror??? NO
Hence, their problems
The rockets are just an excuse the Isreali masters uses to manipulate
their population and the world press. Israel has been caught strapping
explosives to a retarded Palestinian child and then 'capturing' him in
front of the cameras. It is common for the MOSSAD to blow up people in
the Mid East with orchestrated bombing attacks. If there were no Hamas
rocket attacks--and Hamas honored cease fires for months at a time.
The Israelis would do their own rocket attacks or bombings against
their own population, so that they have a PR excuse.
drref
2009-01-01 22:47:25 UTC
Post by s***@aol.com
Post by drref
ITS THE ROCKETS STOOOOOOOOOOPID!!!
did it occur to you that maybe, just maybe if the Palisimeans stopped what
the Israelies perceive as terror, this would all stop.
Did the Palisimeans even try to stop the terror??? NO
Hence, their problems
The rockets are just an excuse the Isreali masters uses to manipulate
their population and the world press. Israel has been caught strapping
explosives to a retarded Palestinian child and then 'capturing' him in
front of the cameras. It is common for the MOSSAD to blow up people in
the Mid East with orchestrated bombing attacks. If there were no Hamas
rocket attacks--and Hamas honored cease fires for months at a time.
The Israelis would do their own rocket attacks or bombings against
their own population, so that they have a PR excuse.
Hamas did not honor crap.
And btw, where is the Israeli soldier they were supposed to return.
But they now have it their way. They wanted terror, now they will get
terror.
jgarbuz
2009-01-01 15:57:45 UTC
Post by jgarbuz
Post by s***@aol.com
Post by s***@aol.com
[...]
Israel, not Isreal...
is starving Palestine which is like a giant Concentration camp.<
Nope. Hamas, whose charter calls for the annihilation of Israel, was
voted in by 43% of the people of Gaza. Just like Hitler was voted in
by 40% of the German electorate. Hamas is at war with Israel, so
Israel, which totally vacated Gaza in 2005, has the right to put it
under seige. But Israel keeps supplying the Gazans with electricity,
food and clean water. And anyone can leave Gaza to another ARab
country, assuming that ARab country chooses to let them in. Next door
Egypt won't. So there is no comparison of Gaza to the ghetto my
grandmother was murdered in in 1941, and that my mother barely escaped
into the forest, and thankfully hidden by some godly Christians called
"sabotniks." There she had to "live" in a covered pit out in the
fields for nearly 2 years. Nah, Gaza is paradise compared to what my
parents went through in WWII.
75% of Palestinians are malnurished. Large numbers of small
Palestinian children are deaf from the constant Zionist bombings and
jets breaking the sound barrier. Many small Palestinian children are
so oppressed by their conditions that they 'don't have the will to
live.'<
They can thank their parents and Hamas for it.
"Never Again!" Means no people ANYWHERE should suffer what the Nazis
did to the Jews. In this case the Israels are doing the same deeds
that the Nazis did. Jewish supremacy is wrong.<
"Never again" to me means the Jewish nation will fight, and if
necessary kill, anyone who is trying to destroy us, as the Hamas
charter BOLDLY proclaims.
s***@aol.com
2009-01-01 21:11:10 UTC
Post by jgarbuz
Post by jgarbuz
Post by s***@aol.com
[...]
charter BOLDLY proclaims.- Hide quoted text -
Your Jewish supremacy is wrong jgarbuz.
jgarbuz
2009-01-02 15:44:18 UTC
Post by s***@aol.com
"Never Again!" Means no people ANYWHERE should suffer what the Nazis
did to theJews. In this case the Israels are doing the same deeds
that the Nazis did. Jewish supremacy is wrong.<
"Never again" to me means the Jewish nation will fight, and if
necessary kill, anyone who is trying to destroy us, as the Hamas
charter BOLDLY proclaims.- Hide quoted text -
Your Jewish supremacy is wrongjgarbuz.- <
My "Jewish supremacism?" You mean the right of 1 tiny little Jewish
state, about the size of the State of New Jersey, to exist in peace is
supremacism, when we have 22 large Arab states and 56 Muslim states
supremacism, as well as many still offciially Christian states? One
small Jewish state is supremacism? I'll tell you what supremacism
is.Supremacism is when Muhammad proclaims that the whole world must
bend to the will of Allah, and he being his last Messenger, then goes
and robs, kills and ethncally cleanses the Jews out of Medina - a town
they originally founded centuries earlier. Islam is the EPITOME of
Arab supremacism. Islam is a religious Arab imperialistic movement
that forced Jews and Christians to be second class citizens
("dhimmis), took Christian slaves, and preached killing all "infidels"
who will not submit to Islam. It placed its mosques on top the Jewish
Temple, Christian churches, and Hindu temples as well.
Hamas is pure Islamist Arab imperialism, period, using the same
terrorist methods that they have used for centuries. What has to be
done to Hamas is what was done to my grandmother in Poland, They must
be exterminated in a way where not trace of their bodies will ever be
found - i.e., up in smoke.
bozak
2009-01-02 15:47:16 UTC
Post by jgarbuz
Post by s***@aol.com
[...]
found - i.e., up in smoke.- Hide quoted text -
you are all fucking nuts... christians, jews, muslims, and anybody
else that believes in that kookery ass manmade religion bullshit...
you are all fucking up the planet on a daily basis for no reason other
than carrot dangling stooooopidity...
jgarbuz
Yeah, as if atheist communists, nazis and their like were a lot better.
bozak
2009-01-02 16:07:37 UTC
Post by bozak
Post by jgarbuz
Post by s***@aol.com
[...]
Yeah, as if atheist communists, nazis and their like were a lot better.- Hide quoted text -
you fucking religionista nut-job, why would an atheist or agnostic
have to be a communist or a nazi??? fucking brainwashed religionistas
are destroying the planet with their war and hate...
JW
2008-12-30 01:52:48 UTC
Post by s***@aol.com
AMY GOODMAN: We’re going to go to break, then come back to this
conversation. We’ll also be joined by Gideon Levy in Tel Aviv. He’s
with Ha’aretz. And Mustafa Barghouti, he’s in Ramallah. Ali Abunimah
is also with us from Florida. He’s the founder of Electronic Intifada.
Then we’ll hear an excerpt of the Nobel Prize acceptance speech of
Harold Pinter, who died last week. This is Democracy Now!,
democracynow.org. Our guests on the phone, Fida Qishta, freelance
journalist in Rafah; Dr. Moussa El-Haddad. He’s a retired physician,
speaking to us from Gaza City. Stay with us.
More Islamofascist and renegade extremist left-wing Jew crap. There is
a solution: Hamas can surrender! The fanatical Japanese, who also
preferred suicide to surrender, eventually did, even if it did take
two nukes to convince them.
It should take only one nuke to convince Hamas to surrender. Much
cheaper than the present alternative.
s***@aol.com
2008-12-30 02:19:35 UTC
Post by s***@aol.com
[...]
cheaper than the present alternative.- Hide quoted text -
That would be another horrible crime committed by the USA and Israel.
What would your opinion be if someone was ranting about Nuking Israel?
You have a moral responsibility to resist these crimes. "Never again"
means Never Again should their be crimes against any people.
Avant Grape
2008-12-30 15:12:51 UTC
Post by s***@aol.com
[...]
The fallout from a nuclear attack on a neighboring strip of land would
hardly be cheap. Use you fuckin' head fer shit's sake.

-JC
jgarbuz
2008-12-30 15:21:47 UTC
Post by s***@aol.com
[...]
Cheaper and faster, but not "politically correct." But in 1945, when
hundreds of thousands of American GIs and US naval forces were
readying themselves for the invasion of the Japanese mainland, you
can ask anyone alive who was there waiting, how relieved they were
when they heard that the atomic bombs had been dropped and Japan
finally threw in the towel. It is estimated that the bombs saved at a
minimum 100,000 US GI lives, and some say anywhere up to half a
million.If the US GIs had to fight it house by house all the way up
and down the length of Japan, it wouldn't have been pretty, and
certainly not easy.
They knew how hard and how tough and bloody just taking a few little
islands in the Pacific had been, and dreaded just the thought of it.
s***@aol.com
2008-12-31 07:42:02 UTC
Post by s***@aol.com
[...]
islands in the Pacific had been, and dreaded just the thought of it.- Hide quoted text -
The USA is just like Hitler's German Capitalists. Destroying whole
cities for the purposes of world domination.
drref
2009-01-01 14:58:50 UTC

ITS THE ROCKETS STOOOOOOOOOOOPID
s***@aol.com
2009-01-01 21:08:38 UTC
Post by s***@aol.com
Post by JW
The USA is just like Hitler's German Capitalists. Destroying whole
cities for the purposes of world domination.\
ITS THE ROCKETS STOOOOOOOOOOOPID
Jews in the Warsaw ghetto in WWII attacked their Nazi oppressors with
rifles and molotov cocktails. It's the same moral equivilent.
drref
2009-01-01 22:48:38 UTC
Post by s***@aol.com
Post by s***@aol.com
Post by JW
The USA is just like Hitler's German Capitalists. Destroying whole
cities for the purposes of world domination.\
ITS THE ROCKETS STOOOOOOOOOOOPID
Jews in the Warsaw ghetto in WWII attacked their Nazi oppressors with
rifles and molotov cocktails. It's the same moral equivilent.
Jews attacked their NAZI OPPRESSORS, not civilian populations. Let hamas
attack the IDF and I would have no answer.
They are thugs, plain and simple and you are too stoopid to realize it.
Must be a mooooooooooooslem.
s***@aol.com
2009-01-02 00:54:47 UTC
Post by s***@aol.com
Post by s***@aol.com
Post by JW
The USA is just like Hitler's German Capitalists. Destroying whole
cities for the purposes of world domination.\
ITS THE ROCKETS STOOOOOOOOOOOPID
Jews in the Warsaw ghetto in WWII attacked their Nazi oppressors with
rifles and molotov cocktails. It's the same moral equivilent.
Jews attacked their NAZI OPPRESSORS, not civilian populations.  Let hamas
attack the IDF and I would have no answer.
They are thugs, plain and simple and you are too stoopid to realize it.
Must be a mooooooooooooslem.
You make a crediable point about it being morally wrong and illegal to
deliberately target Israeli civilians.

Resistence fighters in WWII would bomb a cafe in occupied France full
of Nazi officiers and civilians and employees of the cafe could be
harmed in the process.

It is legal for Palestinian resistence fighters to fight back against
their occupiers.
drref
2009-01-02 01:42:22 UTC
Resistence fighters in WWII would bomb a cafe in occupied France full
of Nazi officiers and civilians and employees of the cafe could be
harmed in the process.

It is legal for Palestinian resistence fighters to fight back against
their occupiers.

When have they hurt or attacked a soldier. THEY TARGET CIVILIANS and
CIVILIANS ONLY hence they were, they are, and they will always be
scumbag terrorists, squashed like vermin, and not respected by anyone in the
world.
s***@aol.com
2009-01-02 02:19:09 UTC
Post by s***@aol.com
Resistence fighters in WWII would bomb a cafe in occupied France full
of Nazi officiers and civilians and employees of the cafe could be
harmed in the process.
It is legal for Palestinian resistence fighters to fight back against
their occupiers.
When have they hurt or attacked a soldier. THEY TARGET CIVILIANS and
CIVILIANS ONLY hence they were, they are, and they will always be
scumbag terrorists, squashed like vermin, and not respected by anyone in the
world.
Geronimo was a resistence fighter, his warriors even scalped farmers.
The people of Gaza and the West Bank are being killed by Slow Genocide
of starvation, no medical supplies allowed, and brutal occupation, as
well as constant attack by the Israeli Airforce, Army and Navy with
billions of dollars from the scumiest country in the world The United
Snakes. Most young Palestinian children 'don't have the will to live.'
As reported. Many are deaf from the constant Zionist attacks. Your
post is hate speech calling Palestinian freedom fighters vermin and
scumbags. In the USA patriot fighters were accused by the colonial
British occupiers as 'terrorists' because the rebels didn't have fancy
enough uniforms and fired from behind trees. Your mind is enslaved by
the dominant media. Stop siding with forces of oppression against the
weak. The Palestinian struggle is a just struggle just like the fight
against Aparteid in South Africa.

"I'm a Truth Addict, Aw shit I got a Headrush!" --Rage Against the
Machine
drref
2009-01-02 02:38:59 UTC
Post by s***@aol.com
[...]
Geronimo attacked SOLDIERS not targeting civilians. Palies are scum of the
earth cowards.
s***@aol.com
2009-01-02 02:49:28 UTC
Post by s***@aol.com
[...]
earth cowards.- Hide quoted text -
Apache and other Native American tribes also fought against farmers,
or attacked stage coaches or wagon trains or any number of colonial
invaders.
The great majority of Palestinian resistence is non violent. Your post
is hate speech.

"I'm a Truth Addict, Aw shit I got a Head Rush." --Rage Against the
Machine
drref
2009-01-02 12:28:15 UTC
The great majority of Palestinian resistence is non violent. Your post
is hate speech.

My post is the truth. Anytime it is anti animal it is Hate Speech.
Let me make it easy for your:
In the past sixty years, name me a palisimean accomplishment in the REAL
world. Great technology, science, medicine, anything??
Dont count bomb vests, murder, kidnapping, and the like.

End of Argument.
jgarbuz
2009-01-02 16:26:53 UTC
Post by s***@aol.com
Geronimo was a resistence fighter, his warriors even scalped farmers.<<<
He broke away from the mainstream Chiracauha indians who chose to end
the resistance and finally chose to accept peace. Didn't you ever
watch Broken Arrow and Cochise? :)
Post by s***@aol.com
The people of Gaza and the West Bank are being killed by Slow Genocide
of starvation, no medical supplies allowed, and brutal occupation, as
well as constant attack by the Israeli Airforce, Army and Navy with
billions of dollars from the scumiest country in the world <
I lived in Beersheba in the 1980s before (and later during) the first
Intifada. I worked in a manufacturing plant in Sderot about 45 minutes
away for years, and never even realized how close I was to Gaza. My
father in law used to bring his car into Gaza to get mechanical work
done at half price compared to Israeli garages. Palestinian Arabs came
in daily to Israel to work and most made decent salaries, certainly
compared to the rest of the surrounding Arab world. And, full and free
medical care. Under Israel, the Palestinians got their first colleges
and universities. There hadn't been a single one before 1967. But
everything began to change with the first Intifada which began in
December 1987. I remember it all clearly. Under benign Israeli
control, the Arabs in Palestine NEVER had it as good in all the
centuries. My own mother in law delivered 10,000 Bedouin babies in
Soroka hosptial in Beersheba with her own hands. Everything that has
happened to them has been due to miserable "leadership" that only has
lead them from disaster to disaster since 1920, when the League of
Nations ruled that Palestine was the Jewsh homeland and gave Jews the
right to return and settle the land.
Post by s***@aol.com
The United
Snakes. Most young Palestinian children 'don't have the will to live.'<<<
Well, Hamas teaches them every day, even in kindergarten, that
martyrdom by killing Jews will bring them to a better place in
Paradise might have something to do with that as well.
Post by s***@aol.com
As reported. Many are deaf from the constant Zionist attacks. Your
post is hate speech calling Palestinian freedom fighters vermin and
scumbags. In the USA patriot fighters were accused by the colonial
British occupiers as 'terrorists' because the rebels didn't have fancy
enough uniforms and fired from behind trees. <<<
The Palestinians were offered a state in 1947 by the UN, but chose to
try to destroy the new state of Israel instead. Were the Americans
offered a state by the UN in 1775? THe violence is all due to the
Arabs. The Jews were given the right to return to their ancient
homeland by the Council of the League of Nations in 1922. Were the
British, Scot, Irish and German settlers given the right to settle
North America by international law too? And the American guerrillas
were not indiscriminately targeting the wives and children of the
British officers and families. THey were not hiding behind their
children and wives either as the Islamofascist "fighters" routinely
do. They didn't use churches or hospitals as firing platforms or
places to hide munitions. And in the end, the American forces did
wear uniforms and did ultimately fight in regular formations, with
uniforms and insignia.
Post by s***@aol.com
Your mind is enslaved by
the dominant media. <<<
I'm not enslaved by anything. I lived in the US for 50 years and in
Israel for 10. Sure, Israel is not perfect; far from it. But if I had
to rate the "suffering" of the Palestinians on a scale from 1 to 10
under Jewish control, before 1987, I'd have rated it as a 1 or 2 at
the most. I saw how Israel in 1971 was trying to foster free elections
in villages in the West Bank, while the PLO was assassinating anyone
who dared utter a good word about Israelis. Sure, the intifadas
brought some restrictions, but in 1996, the Palestinians were free to
chose their own government, and Arafat as their president. You know
Puerto Rico, which was occupied from 1900 onwards, wasn't allowed to
appoint its own governor until 1954, after 54 years of direct
occupation. Puerto Rico is still not independent and does not have its
own army or foreign policy, etc. Gaza and West Bank have only been
"occupied" for 41 years, and the Palestinians have had the right to
elect their own leades since 1996.
Post by s***@aol.com
Stop siding with forces of oppression against the
weak. The Palestinian struggle is a just struggle just like the fight
against Aparteid in South Africa.<<<
Nah, it's just another war against the Jews, who have been patient and
merciful. ANy other country undergoing what Israel has, would have
carpet bombed Gaza the same way the US flattened Tokyo and Berlin. As
long as Israel does not use all of its power to complete exterminate
Hamas. tjhere will never be an end to the rockets and suicide bombers.
They don't want peace and compromise any more than Hitler did. They
are insane, fanatical Islamofascists. There is no peace to be had with
them. Just as the fanatical militarists in Japan had to be crushed,
and a new democratic Japan had to take its place, the same must happen
with the horrible element that rules the Palestinians. They must be
slaughtered, hanged and burned like Hitler and his victims, so there
is no trace of them to be found, much less memorialized.
Chainsaw
2009-01-01 22:06:23 UTC
Post by s***@aol.com
Post by JW
The USA is just like Hitler's German Capitalists. Destroying whole
cities for the purposes of world domination.\
ITS THE ROCKETS STOOOOOOOOOOOPID
The Rockets are overrated. Yao sucks.

Ooops. Wrong thread.
jgarbuz
2009-01-01 15:59:07 UTC
Post by s***@aol.com
On Mon, 29 Dec 2008 10:09:41 -0800 (PST),jgarbuz
The USA is just like Hitler's German Capitalists. Destroying whole
cities for the purposes of world domination.<
Islam came out of Arabia to dominate the world. Ask the people of
Mumbai. Ask any non -Muslim who has had to suffer under Islam.
The Queen B
2009-01-01 17:41:53 UTC
Post by jgarbuz
Post by s***@aol.com
On Mon, 29 Dec 2008 10:09:41 -0800 (PST),jgarbuz
The USA is just like Hitler's German Capitalists. Destroying whole
cities for the purposes of world domination.<
Islam came out of Arabia to dominate the world. Ask the people of
Mumbai. Ask any non -Muslim who has had to suffer under Islam.
You guys are wasting your time "debating" with septic. Whatever the
truth of this situation, he is NEVER going to accept any facts or
acknowledge any opinion that can in any way be construed to support
any American policy or a perceived ally.

septic is consumed by his dream of a world controlled by communism,
where even the memory of any other form of government is wiped out.
He believes it will be a paradise, just as he believes China and the
USSR were idyllic places filled with happy, healthy, content people
under communist rule. The only reason such perfect systems did not
last is because of the evil "United Snakes" and our equally evil
allies. All suffering and lack in the world today is our fault. So of
course he is going to root for any government, group, or situation
that he feels might help bring down the USA and set the stage for his
"Great Revolution."

He is a self-loathing American capitalist, raking in the rent money
from his tenants while he sits at his computer telling himself that
his cut-and-pastes are changing the world. He's just playing soldier,
while he safely lives the lifestyle he claims to despise.
s***@aol.com
Christianity, Judism and Islam----->Shame Shit different piles.
Chainsaw
2008-12-30 04:02:43 UTC
Post by s***@aol.com
AMY GOODMAN: We’re going to go to break, then come back to this
conversation. We’ll also be joined by Gideon Levy in Tel Aviv. He’s
with Ha’aretz. And Mustafa Barghouti, he’s in Ramallah. Ali Abunimah
is also with us from Florida. He’s the founder of Electronic Intifada.
Then we’ll hear an excerpt of the Nobel Prize acceptance speech of
Harold Pinter, who died last week. This is Democracy Now!,
democracynow.org. Our guests on the phone, Fida Qishta, freelance
journalist in Rafah; Dr. Moussa El-Haddad. He’s a retired physician,
speaking to us from Gaza City. Stay with us.
More Islamofascist and renegade extremist left-wing Jew crap. There is
a solution: Hamas can surrender! The fanatical Japanese, who also
preferred suicide to surrender, eventually did, even if it did take
two nukes to convince them.
Yes! Of Course! Let's nuke the middle east! More Americofascist and
renegade extremist PNAC crap.
NRF
2008-12-30 04:15:50 UTC
Americofascist? Great, another twit. I'd wager that you and
septic would be the first to get sized for a brown shirt.
Yes! Of Course! Let's nuke the middle east! More Americofascist and renegade
extremist PNAC crap.
Chainsaw
2008-12-30 04:22:37 UTC
Twit? Ah, you must be one of those Anglofascists.
NRF
2008-12-30 05:12:59 UTC
Yeah, just like you go to Thailand to poke little boys.
Chainsaw
2008-12-30 06:07:13 UTC
Post by NRF
Yeah, just like you go to Thailand to poke little boys.
Oh, I get it. That's supposed to imply something about me personally,
right? What a clever way you've found to once and for all expose your
utter intellectual bankruptcy. Congratulations!
NRF
2008-12-30 06:21:41 UTC
Hmm, that's some interesting logic right there. Using your
template for conclusion one would have to come up with
the same result in regards to you, or do you not comprehend
the nature of what you just stated?
Kinlaw
Just killfile the puke, he isn't worth the effort.
Chainsaw
Pretty lame reacharound, even for you.
NRF
2008-12-30 19:36:16 UTC
Oh, I get it. That's supposed to imply something about him personally,
The Queen B
2008-12-31 01:39:25 UTC
Post by NRF
Oh, I get it. That's supposed to imply something about him personally,
right? What a clever way you've found to once and for all expose your
utter intellectual bankruptcy. Congratulations!
*LMAO* This poor guy doesn't know what he stepped in. Maybe I should
get some popcorn.
Chainsaw
2008-12-31 04:26:49 UTC
The author seems to be neither a Zionist, nor a bleeding heart, nor a
jarhead.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/comment/columnists/guest_contributors/article5420584.ece?openComment=true
James Farrar
2008-12-31 07:02:20 UTC
Post by Chainsaw
The author seems to be neither a Zionist, nor a bleeding heart, nor a
jarhead.
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/comment/columnists/guest_contributors/article5420584.ece?openComment=true
"It won't recognise Israel or renounce the right to resist until it is
sure of the world's commitment to a just solution to the Palestinian
issue."

Where "just" means "what they want", of course.
theBZA
2008-12-31 19:24:21 UTC
Post by James Farrar
Post by Chainsaw
article5420584.ece?openComment=true
"It won't recognise Israel or renounce the right to resist until it is
sure of the world's commitment to a just solution to the Palestinian
issue."
Where "just" means "what they want", of course.
Look, if Hamas wanted any kind of solution they would stop lobbing
rockets at Israel. Period. The only "solution" for Hamas is the
completed obliteration of the Jewish people and the elimination of
Israel as a state. And don't kid yourselves. If they ever do manage to
nuke Israel, their next target will be Christian nations.
--
Crippled but free
I was blind all the time
I was learning to see.
s***@aol.com
2008-12-31 19:38:30 UTC
Post by Chainsaw
Post by James Farrar
Post by Chainsaw
article5420584.ece?openComment=true
"It won't recognise Israel or renounce the right to resist until it is
sure of the world's commitment to a just solution to the Palestinian
issue."
Where "just" means "what they want", of course.
Look, if Hamas wanted any kind of solution they would stop lobbing
rockets at Israel. Period. The only "solution" for Hamas is the
completed obliteration of the Jewish people and the elimination of
Israel as a state. And don't kid yourselves. If they ever do manage to
nuke Israel, their next target will be Christian nations.
--
Crippled but free
I was blind all the time
I was learning to see.
Palestine is a giant Concentration Camp, Palestinians are being
starved, tortured and they are dying in the hundreds at the hands of
Israeli Jets, helicopter attack ships, tanks, atrillery and the
Israeli Navy.
Jabba
2008-12-31 19:58:02 UTC
Post by Chainsaw
Post by James Farrar
Post by Chainsaw
article5420584.ece?openComment=true
"It won't recognise Israel or renounce the right to resist until it is
sure of the world's commitment to a just solution to the Palestinian
issue."
Where "just" means "what they want", of course.
Look, if Hamas wanted any kind of solution they would stop lobbing
rockets at Israel. Period. The only "solution" for Hamas is the
completed obliteration of the Jewish people and the elimination of
Israel as a state. And don't kid yourselves. If they ever do manage to
nuke Israel, their next target will be Christian nations.
You mean you hope the smoking gun isn't a mushroom cloud? You and
George Bush see eye-to-eye on this one I guess.

Wow.

--
jabba
citizen of the empire
Jabba
2009-01-03 07:54:15 UTC
Post by Jabba
Post by Chainsaw
Post by James Farrar
Post by Chainsaw
article5420584.ece?openComment=true
"It won't recognise Israel or renounce the right to resist until it is
sure of the world's commitment to a just solution to the Palestinian
issue."
Where "just" means "what they want", of course.
Look, if Hamas wanted any kind of solution they would stop lobbing
rockets at Israel. Period. The only "solution" for Hamas is the
completed obliteration of the Jewish people and the elimination of
Israel as a state. And don't kid yourselves. If they ever do manage to
nuke Israel, their next target will be Christian nations.
You mean you hope the smoking gun isn't a mushroom cloud? You and
George Bush see eye-to-eye on this one I guess.
Wow.
--jabba
citizen of the empire
That one must have hurt, eh B(randen) That's twice in a week you've
dodged me.

--
jabba
citizen of the empire
theBZA
2009-01-03 14:53:47 UTC
Post by Jabba
Post by Jabba
innews:476ml4te8t5eceqip8
Post by James Farrar
Post by Chainsaw
The author seems to be neither a Zionist, nor a bleeding heart,
nor a jarhead.
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/comment/columnists/guest_contributor
Post by Jabba
Post by Jabba
s/
Post by Jabba
Post by James Farrar
sure of the world's commitment to a just solution to the
Palestinian issue."
Where "just" means "what they want", of course.
Look, if Hamas wanted any kind of solution they would stop lobbing
rockets at Israel. Period. The only "solution" for Hamas is the
completed obliteration of the Jewish people and the elimination of
Israel as a state. And don't kid yourselves. If they ever do manage
to nuke Israel, their next target will be Christian nations.
You mean you hope the smoking gun isn't a mushroom cloud? You and
George Bush see eye-to-eye on this one I guess.
Wow.
--jabba
citizen of the empire
That one must have hurt, eh B(randen) That's twice in a week you've
dodged me.
Sorry - I missed this one. I guess I missed the other one too Chris.
What exactly was I supposed to post in reply to this one? The sad fact
is that you are the one who dodged here, not me. You answered a question
with a question. That would get you kicked off any High School debate
team. So I'm going to backstep in the thread and call you out for
dodging my earlier post now, OK?
--
Crippled but free
I was blind all the time
I was learning to see.
Jabba
2009-01-03 17:37:17 UTC
Post by Chainsaw
Post by James Farrar
Post by Chainsaw
The author seems to be neither a Zionist, nor a bleeding heart,
nor a jarhead.
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/comment/columnists/guest_contributor
Post by Jabba
Post by Jabba
s/
Post by Jabba
Post by James Farrar
[...]
That is some real weak sauce Branden!

Tell you what, if you can find the "question" I dodged in the
paragraph below, I would be more than happy to answer it. In fact,
I'll answer any question you want, since there isn't one in what you
wrote.

"Look, if Hamas wanted any kind of solution they would stop lobbing
rockets at Israel. Period. The only "solution" for Hamas is the
completed obliteration of the Jewish people and the elimination of
Israel as a state. And don't kid yourselves. If they ever do manage
nuke Israel, their next target will be Christian nations. "

And, today only, I'll make you a special offer -- don't bother
answering the fact that you just used the EXACT same fear mongering
rhetoric of Rice and Bush to justify invading Iraq. Everyone can see
that you've done it, and that you think it's just fine when you do it.

--
jabba
citizen of the empire
b***@gmail.com
2009-01-03 17:42:41 UTC
Post by Jabba
Post by Chainsaw
Post by James Farrar
Post by Chainsaw
The author seems to be neither a Zionist, nor a bleeding heart,
nor a jarhead.
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/comment/columnists/guest_contributor
Post by Jabba
Post by Jabba
s/
Post by Jabba
Post by James Farrar
[...]
citizen of the empire- Hide quoted text -
quite frankly with all jokes a side, i think he is losing his fucking
mind... starting to call people racists and shit because they are now
down with this slaughter that is going on...
b***@gmail.com
2009-01-03 17:52:17 UTC
Post by b***@gmail.com
Post by Jabba
Post by Chainsaw
Post by James Farrar
Post by Chainsaw
The author seems to be neither a Zionist, nor a bleeding heart,
nor a jarhead.
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/comment/columnists/guest_contributor
Post by Jabba
Post by Jabba
s/
Post by Jabba
Post by James Farrar
[...]
down with this slaughter that is going on...- Hide quoted text -
should read are not down...
theBZA
2009-01-03 21:05:32 UTC
Post by Jabba
innews:53a12dd8-c83d-4cbc-8ef0-7
Post by James Farrar
Post by Chainsaw
The author seems to be neither a Zionist, nor a bleeding
heart, nor a jarhead.
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/comment/columnists/guest_contributor
Post by Jabba
Post by Jabba
s/
Post by Jabba
Post by James Farrar
[...]
The difference is that I am not trying to justify anything. Sorry that
it hurts you so badly when I point out bozak's supreme hypocrisy.
--
Crippled but free
I was blind all the time
I was learning to see.
bozak
2009-01-03 21:46:32 UTC
Post by James Farrar
Post by Chainsaw
The author seems to be neither a Zionist, nor a bleeding
heart, nor a jarhead.
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/comment/columnists/guest_contributor
Post by Jabba
Post by Jabba
s/
Post by Jabba
Post by James Farrar
[...]
I was learning to see.- Hide quoted text -
the only thing you have pointed out is that you are a bonified
religionista nut-job... your posts say it all to anyone that is sane...
theBZA
2009-01-03 14:54:51 UTC
Post by Jabba
innews:476ml4te8t5eceqip8aa
Post by Jabba
/
Post by James Farrar
Post by Chainsaw
article5420584.ece?openComment=true
"It won't recognise Israel or renounce the right to resist until it
is sure of the world's commitment to a just solution to the
Palestinian issue."
Where "just" means "what they want", of course.
Look, if Hamas wanted any kind of solution they would stop lobbing
rockets at Israel. Period. The only "solution" for Hamas is the
completed obliteration of the Jewish people and the elimination of
Israel as a state. And don't kid yourselves. If they ever do manage
to nuke Israel, their next target will be Christian nations.
You mean you hope the smoking gun isn't a mushroom cloud?
Wow Chris, you answered a question with a question. That kind of dodge
will get you kicked off any High School debate team.
Post by Jabba
You and
George Bush see eye-to-eye on this one I guess.
Wow.
Indeed. This kind of dodge is something I'd expect from Dennis.
--
Crippled but free
I was blind all the time
I was learning to see.
bozak
damn, i really stomped a mudhole in your ass... :-)
Jabba
2009-01-03 17:45:44 UTC
Post by Jabba
/
Post by James Farrar
Post by Chainsaw
article5420584.ece?openComment=true
"It won't recognise Israel or renounce the right to resist until it
is sure of the world's commitment to a just solution to the
Palestinian issue."
Where "just" means "what they want", of course.
Look, if Hamas wanted any kind of solution they would stop lobbing
rockets at Israel. Period. The only "solution" for Hamas is the
completed obliteration of the Jewish people and the elimination of
Israel as a state. And don't kid yourselves. If they ever do manage
to nuke Israel, their next target will be Christian nations.
You mean you hope the smoking gun isn't a mushroom cloud?
Wow Chris, you answered a question with a question. That kind of dodge
will get you kicked off any High School debate team.
That is some weak sauce Branden! Tell you what, if you can find the

citizen of the empire
s***@aol.com
2008-12-31 19:36:28 UTC
Post by James Farrar
Post by Chainsaw
The author seems to be neither a Zionist, nor a bleeding heart, nor a
jarhead.
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/comment/columnists/guest_contributor...
"It won't recognise Israel or renounce the right to resist until it is
sure of the world's commitment to a just solution to the Palestinian
issue."
Where "just" means "what they want", of course.
Hamas has recognized Israel's right to exist. Israel is lying. Hamas
was started by Israel and Saudi Arabian intelligence.
agaxxan
2008-12-31 20:10:32 UTC
Post by s***@aol.com
Post by James Farrar
Post by Chainsaw
The author seems to be neither a Zionist, nor a bleeding heart, nor a
jarhead.
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/comment/columnists/guest_contributor...
"It won't recognise Israel or renounce the right to resist until it is
sure of the world's commitment to a just solution to the Palestinian
issue."
Where "just" means "what they want", of course.
Hamas has recognized Israel's right to exist. Israel is lying. Hamas
was started by Israel and Saudi Arabian intelligence.
Wow, just wow. Comedy gold right here... I sincerely feel bad for the
Palestinians to have kooks like you as their advocates...

Btw, which brand of tin foil do you prefer for your chapeaux-making? I
would think a heavier grade would be best suited for these wintry
days, no?
s***@aol.com
2009-01-01 20:51:36 UTC
Post by agaxxan
Post by s***@aol.com
Post by James Farrar
Post by Chainsaw
The author seems to be neither a Zionist, nor a bleeding heart, nor a
jarhead.
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/comment/columnists/guest_contributor...
"It won't recognise Israel or renounce the right to resist until it is
sure of the world's commitment to a just solution to the Palestinian
issue."
Where "just" means "what they want", of course.
Hamas has recognized Israel's right to exist. Israel is lying. Hamas
was started by Israel and Saudi Arabian intelligence.
Wow, just wow. Comedy gold right here... I sincerely feel bad for the
Palestinians to have kooks like you as their advocates...
Btw, which brand of tin foil do you prefer for your chapeaux-making? I
would think a heavier grade would be best suited for these wintry
days, no?- Hide quoted text -
My sources is the 'Taking Aim' news program by Ralph Schonemann and
Mia Shone on WBAI FM. The leadership of Hamas had six European
leaders come to their conference to recognize Israeli's right to
exist. (This was a misguided action on Hamas' part).
Bert Hyman
2008-12-31 20:16:50 UTC
Post by s***@aol.com
Hamas has recognized Israel's right to exist. Israel is lying. Hamas
was started by Israel and Saudi Arabian intelligence.
I take it then, that your use of the word "skeptic" in your user name is
just your funny way of saying that you'll believe anything.
Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN ***@iphouse.com
Chainsaw
2008-12-31 22:24:10 UTC
Post by s***@aol.com
Post by James Farrar
Post by Chainsaw
The author seems to be neither a Zionist, nor a bleeding heart, nor a
jarhead.
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/comment/columnists/guest_contributor...
"It won't recognise Israel or renounce the right to resist until it is
sure of the world's commitment to a just solution to the Palestinian
issue."
Where "just" means "what they want", of course.
Hamas has recognized Israel's right to exist. Israel is lying. Hamas
was started by Israel and Saudi Arabian intelligence.
Really? Hmmm. Wikipedia says:

"Hamas was created in 1987 by Sheikh Ahmed Yassin, Abdel Aziz
al-Rantissi and Mohammad Taha of the Palestinian wing of the Muslim
Brotherhood at the beginning of the First Intifada."

and

"Unlike the Hamas charter, the PLO charter recognises the legitimacy of
Israel."

"Sheikh Ahmed Yassin founded Hamas in 1987 as an offshoot of Egypt's
Muslim Brotherhood. The acronym "Hamas" first appeared in 1987 in a
leaflet that accused the Israeli intelligence services of undermining
the moral fiber of Palestinian youth as part of Mossad's recruitment of
what Hamas termed "collaborators". The Izz ad-Din al-Qassam Brigades,
the military branch, was created in 1992, a year before the Oslo
Accords. During the 1990s and 2000s it became best known in the Western
world for its suicide bombings[26] and other attacks directed against
civilians, including the Dolphinarium and the Passover suicide bombings."

It also says that Hamas was *prepared* in April 2006 to explicitly
recognize the state of Israel, but that this in fact never occurred, and
that a month later "Hamas leaders threatened a new Intifada, as well as
to decapitate anyone who tried to bring down their cabinet."
s***@aol.com
2009-01-01 21:03:44 UTC
Post by Chainsaw
Post by s***@aol.com
Post by James Farrar
Post by Chainsaw
[...]
Chainsaw there are many articles about how the CIA manipulates
Wikipedia.
Here is some reliable journalism from the UK's Guardian--which is
better than any mainstream US source:

Search: guardian.co.uk World news Web News

News
World news
8.15pm

Hamas performs about-turn on Israeli state· Document recognises
Israel's right to exist

· Shift away from founding goal of an Islamic stateChris McGreal in
Jerusalem guardian.co.uk, Wednesday 21 June 2006 20.27 BST Article
history
A bulldozer moves an Israeli army jeep after it was set ablaze by
Palestinians during clashes in an army operation in Nablus.
Photograph: Nasser Ishtayeh/AP

Hamas has made a major political climbdown by agreeing to sections of
a document that recognise Israel's right to exist and a negotiated two-
state solution, according to Palestinian leaders.
In a bitter struggle for power, Hamas is bowing to an ultimatum from
the Palestinian president, Mahmoud Abbas, to endorse the document
drawn up by Palestinian security prisoners in Israeli jails, or face a
national referendum on the issue that could see the Islamist group
stripped of power if it loses.

But final agreement on the paper, designed to end international
sanctions against the Hamas government that have crippled the
Palestinian economy, has been slowed by wrangling over a national
unity administration and the question of who speaks for the
Palestinians.

Yasser Abed Rabbo, a member of the Palestine Liberation Organisation's
executive committee and a lead negotiator on the prisoners' document,
said Hamas had agreed to sections which call for a negotiated and
final agreement with Israel to establish a Palestinian state on the
territories occupied in 1967, including East Jerusalem.

"Hamas is prepared to accept those parts of the document because they
think it is a way to get rid of a lot of its problems with the
international community. That's why it will accept all the document
eventually," he said.

Hamas, facing a deep internal split over recognition of the Jewish
state, declined to discuss the negotiations in detail. If it formally
approves the entire document, it will represent a significant shift
from its founding goal of replacing Israel with an Islamic state and
its more recent position of agreeing a long-term ceasefire, over a
generation or more, if a Palestinian state is formed on the occupied
territories but without formally recognising the Jewish state.

Mr Abed Rabbo said he expected an agreement in the coming days, but
that important differences still had to be settled, particularly over
the document's call for the formation of a national unity government.

He described that as "the major issue that will determine the fate of
two nations for decades" because a unity administration, built around
a common policy of negotiations with Israel, would be the only way to
combat its plans to unilaterally impose its final borders and annex
parts of the occupied territories.

More immediately this was also the only way to restore foreign aid.
But Mr Abed Rabbo added it would be a mistake to see the approval of
the prisoners' document as sufficient, in itself, to end international
sanctions against the Palestinian Authority. "The document calls for
the foundation of a national unity government as the basis of a new
programme that will approach the world," he said.

"But the document is part of a package. It should be accompanied by an
agreement on policies for a new government. The document won't change
conditions and relations on its own."

Mr Abed Rabbo said the July 26 referendum would be called off if there
was agreement on the document, but that a ballot could be held later
if Hamas blocked the formation of a new government or failed to agree
on a negotiations policy.

Abdullah Abdullah, a Fatah MP and chairman of the parliamentary
political committee, said other differences remained over the
document, including Fatah's insistence that the PLO continues to be
recognised as the sole representative of the Palestinian people in
negotiations with Israel, and that all existing agreements between the
PLO and Israel be recognised.

Israel has dismissed the prisoners' document as changing little
because, among other things, it advocates continued resistance. But a
complete renunciation of violence is unlikely to come while Israeli
attacks continue to claim the lives of innocent Palestinians.

Earlier today, a women was killed and six children injured in an
Israeli missile attack in Gaza. On Tuesday, an Israeli air force
rocket killed three children, two boys aged five and 16, and a seven-
year-old girl. In both cases, Israel said it was targeting militants
who escaped injury.

Israel has killed 13 civilians, most of them children, in four air
strikes this month. It is also probably responsible for the killing of
a family of seven during a shell barrage against a Gaza beach two
weeks ago.
Chainsaw
2009-01-01 22:12:23 UTC
Post by s***@aol.com
Post by Chainsaw
Post by s***@aol.com
Post by James Farrar
Post by Chainsaw
[...]
Riiight. I think you missed your thorazine shot today, not to mention
conveniently not citing any such articles.
There are many articles on how MI5 manipulates the British media.
s***@aol.com
2009-01-02 00:51:57 UTC
Post by Chainsaw
Post by s***@aol.com
Post by Chainsaw
Post by s***@aol.com
Post by s***@aol.com
Here is some reliable journalism from the UK's Guardian--which is
There are many articles on how MI5 manipulates the British media.- Hide quoted text -
Chainsaw, I apologize about not posting a link, but on my girlfriend's
computer I have to open up word and copy and paste the link and it
takes a couple of extra steps to post it in the newsgroups.

Here is the link to the article about Hamas recognizing Israel's right
to exist, you can find this information on a dozen other sources, it's
a testimony to the power of the US-Isreali domination of the media
that these historic facts can be distorted.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2006/jun/21/israel1
drref
2009-01-01 15:00:31 UTC
Post by s***@aol.com
Hamas has recognized Israel's right to exist. Israel is lying. Hamas
was started by Israel and Saudi Arabian intelligence.
a- NO they have not. Would you care to cite that claim??????
They have publicly stated that they will not stop fighting until ISRAEL no
longer exists.

so how is that recognizing Israel's right to exist?
NRF
2008-12-30 19:37:09 UTC
That, and if I ever get around to installing Thunderbird again the whole
thread will get zapped.
s***@gmail.com
2008-12-31 13:52:44 UTC
source: http://www.nypost.com/seven/12292008/postopinion/opedcolumnists/damned_if_they_do_146263.htm?page=0

Dead Jews aren't news, but killing terrorists outrages global
activists. On Saturday, Israel struck back powerfully against its
tormentors. Now Israel's the villain. Again.

How long will it be until the UN General Assembly passes a resolution
creating an international Holocaust Appreciation Day?

Israel's airstrikes against confirmed Hamas terrorist targets in the
Gaza Strip were overdue, discriminating and skillful. So far, this
retaliatory campaign has been a superb example of how to employ
postmodern airpower.

Instead of bombing empty buildings in the dead of night in the hope of
convincing bloodthirsty monsters to become peace-loving floral
arrangers - the US Air Force version of "Shock and Awe" - the Israeli
Defense Force aimed to kill terrorists.

Israel's attack aircraft appear to have accomplished that part of the
mission. As I write, some 300 terrorist dead have been reported in
Gaza, while the propaganda-savvy information office of Hamas has
strug- gled to prove that 20 civilians died.

Given the fact that Hamas adheres to the terrorist practice of
locating command sites, arsenals and training facilities in heavily
populated areas, the results suggest that the IDF - supported by first-
rate intelligence work - may have executed the most accurate wave of
airstrikes in history, with a 15-to-1 terrorist-to-civilian kill
ratio.

The bad news is that it still won't be enough. While Israel has
delivered a painful blow against Hamas, it's still not a paralyzing
hit. The only way to neuter such a terror threat - even temporarily -
is to go in on the ground and scour every room, basement and
underground tunnel in a region.

That would mean high Israeli casualties and, of course, condemnation
of Israel's self-defense efforts by every self-righteous, corrupt and
bigoted organization and government on earth, from Turtle Bay to
Tehran.

What have been Israel's "crimes?" Not "stealing Palestinian land," but
making that land productive, while exposing the incompetence and sloth
of Arab culture.

Israel's crime isn't striking back at terror, but demonstrating, year
after year, that a country in the Middle East can be governed without
resort to terror. Israel's crime hasn't been denying Arab rights, but
insisting on human rights for women and minorities.

Israel's crime has been making democracy work where tyranny prevailed
for 5,000 years. Israel's crime has been survival against overwhelming
odds, while legions of Arab nationalists, Islamist extremists and
Western leftists want every Jew dead.

But Israel's greatest crime was to expose the global cult of
victimhood, to prove that hard work, fortitude and courage could
overcome even history's grimmest disaster.

Was it a crime to hand Gaza back to Palestinian authorities, to give
peace a chance? Look what Israel received in return for trading land
for peace.

Let us never forget the fundamental truth that, while Israel longs to
live in peace with its neighbors, those neighbors openly profess the
desire to eliminate Israel and exterminate its people.

Indeed, Arab and regional jealousy toward Israel is so all-consuming,
so necessary to excuse the Arab art of failure, that even these
judicious airstrikes will hardly make a dent in the terrorist threat.

Unless Israel sends in ground forces for the long haul - and thousands
of IDF reservists are being mobilized - there will be, at best, a
temporary respite from terror attacks. Even a new occupation of Gaza
would not fully solve the problem.

A crucial point about interfaith and interethnic conflicts that we
sheltered Americans refuse to understand is that, all too often,
there's just no good solution - and not even a bad solution, short of
acts of barbarism.

It's a rare conflict that results in an enduring peace. Unintended
consequences abound. At times, you fight just to buy time, to gain
breathing space - or merely to frustrate an enemy's designs for a
limited period.

That's the situation Israel faces: No hope of an ultimate victory, but
a constant fight to survive. Enemies who believe their god ordains
their actions can't be placated. For faith-fueled terrorists, such as
the core members of Hamas, the struggle with Israel's a zero-sum game.
Compromise is, at most, an expedient tool, never an acceptable end
state.

What will we see in the coming days? Much depends on Israel's resolve.
The most probable scenario is that Hamas will continue launching
terror rockets for a few weeks to salve its wounded vanity and
maintain the image of "resistance," but will ultimately reduce its
attacks against Israel - while it rebuilds its cadres and restocks its
arsenal.

Israel will have bought time, not peace.

What might Israel have done better? It's essential to take out the top
terrorist leaders. But Israel's government remains reluctant to target
the cowardly Hamas leaders hiding in Damascus - or even the top
terrorists remaining in Gaza.

For terrorist bosses, the rank-and-file are disposable and
replaceable. You can't just kill the gunmen. You have to kill the
names.

We may sympathize with the average Palestinian family, exploited by
generations of corrupt leaders and now caught in yet another round of
violence. But let us never forget that Israel hasn't fired thousands
of blind rockets into Palestinian cities, that Israeli suicide bombers
don't attack Arab restaurants and bus stops, and that Israel seeks to
avoid harming civilians - while Hamas seeks to kill as many civilians
as possible.

In a world where there are no good answers, Israel just answered as
best it could. The world's response? "How dare Jews defend
themselves."

Humanity doesn't progress. It just changes clothes.
s***@aol.com
2008-12-31 19:45:36 UTC
[...]
Your article you posted is hate speech.

46% of Gaza's chidren Have Acute Anemia, Most Are Deaf From Israeli
Jets and bombing,--thousands of hearing aides are needed, 75% of all
Gazans are malnurished. Half Gaza's population is under 17 years of
age, half children 'don't have a will to live' in Gaza. Zionist tanks
are getting to roll in on the imprisoned population on our Brothers
and Sisters.
.

Chris Hedges' Columns
Israel’s ‘Crime Against Humanity’

Posted on Dec 15, 2008

AP photo / Hatem Moussa
A Palestinian worker sweeps out the empty storeroom of a U.N. food
distribution center in Gaza City.

By Chris Hedges

Israel’s siege of Gaza, largely unseen by the outside world because
of Jerusalem’s refusal to allow humanitarian aid workers, reporters
and photographers access to Gaza, rivals the most egregious crimes
carried out at the height of apartheid by the South African regime. It
comes close to the horrors visited on Sarajevo by the Bosnian Serbs.
It has disturbing echoes of the Nazi ghettos of Lodz and Warsaw.

“This is a stain on what is left of Israeli morality,” I was told by
Richard N. Veits, the former U.S. ambassador to Jordan who led a
delegation from the U.S. Council for the National Interest Foundation
to Gaza to meet Hamas leaders this past summer. “I am almost
breathless discussing this subject. It is so myopic. Washington, of
course, is a handmaiden to all this. The Israeli manipulation of a
population in this manner is comparable to some of the crimes that
took place against civilian populations fifty years ago.”

The U.N. special rapporteur for human rights in the occupied
Palestinian territory, former Princeton University law professor
Richard Falk, calls what Israel is doing to the 1.5 million
Palestinians in Gaza “a crime against humanity.” Falk, who is Jewish,
has condemned the collective punishment of the Palestinians in Gaza as
“a flagrant and massive violation of international humanitarian law as
laid down in Article 33 of the Fourth Geneva Convention.” He has asked
for “the International Criminal Court to investigate the situation,
and determine whether the Israeli civilian leaders and military
commanders responsible for the Gaza siege should be indicted and
prosecuted for violations of international criminal law.”

Falk, while condemning the rocket attacks by the militant group Hamas,
which he points out are also criminal violations of international law,
goes on to say that “such Palestinian behavior does not legalize
Israel’s imposition of a collective punishment of a life- and health-
threatening character on the people of Gaza, and should not distract
the U.N. or international society from discharging their fundamental
moral and legal duty to render protection to the Palestinian people.”

“It is an unfolding humanitarian catastrophe that each day poses the
entire 1.5 million Gazans to an unspeakable ordeal, to a struggle to
survive in terms of their health,” Falk said when I reached him by
phone in California shortly before he left for Israel. “This is an
increasingly precarious condition. A recent study reports that 46
percent of all Gazan children suffer from acute anemia. There are
reports that the sonic booms associated with Israeli overflights have
caused widespread deafness, especially among children. Gazan children
need thousands of hearing aids. Malnutrition is extremely high in a
number of different dimensions and affects 75 percent of Gazans. There
are widespread mental disorders, especially among young people without
the will to live. Over 50 percent of Gazan children under the age of
12 have been found to have no will to live.”

Gaza now spends 12 hours a day without power, which can be a death
sentence to the severely ill in hospitals. There are few drugs and
little medicine, including no cancer or cystic fibrosis medication.
Hospitals have generators but often lack fuel. Medical equipment,
including one of Gaza’s three CT scanners, has been destroyed by power
surges and fluctuations. Medical staff cannot control the temperature
of incubators for newborns. And Israel has revoked most exit visas,
meaning some of those who need specialized care, including cancer
patients and those in need of kidney dialysis, have died. Of the 230
Gazans estimated to have died last year because they were denied
proper medical care, several spent their final hours at Israeli
crossing points where they were refused entry into Israel. The
statistics gathered on children—half of Gaza’s population is under the
age of 17—are increasingly grim. About 45 percent of children in Gaza
have iron deficiency from a lack of fruit and vegetables, and 18
percent have stunted growth.

“It is macabre,” Falk said. “I don’t know of anything that exactly
fits this situation. People have been referring to the Warsaw ghetto
as the nearest analog in modern times.”

“There is no structure of an occupation that endured for decades and
involved this kind of oppressive circumstances,” the rapporteur added.
“The magnitude, the deliberateness, the violations of international
humanitarian law, the impact on the health, lives and survival and the
overall conditions warrant the characterization of a crime against
humanity. This occupation is the direct intention by the Israeli
military and civilian authorities. They are responsible and should be
held accountable.”

The point of this Israeli siege, ostensibly, is to break Hamas, the
radical Islamic group that was elected to power in 2007. But Hamas has
repeatedly proposed long-term truces with Israel and offered to
negotiate a permanent truce. During the last cease-fire, established
through Egyptian intermediaries in July, Hamas upheld the truce
although Israel refused to ease the blockade. It was Israel that, on
Nov. 4, initiated an armed attack that violated the truce and killed
six Palestinians. It was only then that Hamas resumed firing rockets
at Israel. Palestinians have launched more than 200 rockets on Israel
since the latest round of violence began. There have been no Israeli
casualties.

Israel’s ‘Crime Against Humanity’
Chris Hedges

Posted on Dec 15, 2008

AP photo / Hatem Moussa
A Palestinian worker sweeps out the empty storeroom of a U.N. food
distribution center in Gaza City.

By Chris Hedges

(Page 2)

“This is a crime of survival,” Falk said of the rocket attacks.
“Israel has put the Gazans in a set of circumstances where they either
have to accept whatever is imposed on them or resist in any way
available to them. That is a horrible dilemma to impose upon a people.
This does not alleviate the Palestinians, and Gazans in particular,
for accountability for doing these acts involving rocket fire, but it
also imposes some responsibility on Israel for creating these
circumstances.”

Israel seeks to break the will of the Palestinians to resist. The
Israeli government has demonstrated little interest in diplomacy or a
peaceful solution. The rapid expansion of Jewish settlements on the
West Bank is an effort to thwart the possibility of a two-state
solution by gobbling up vast tracts of Palestinian real estate. Israel
also appears to want to thrust the impoverished Gaza Strip onto Egypt.
There are now dozens of tunnels, the principal means for food and
goods, connecting Gaza to Egypt. Israel permits the tunnels to
operate, most likely as part of an effort to further cut Gaza off from
Israel.

“Israel, all along, has not been prepared to enter into diplomatic
process that gives the Palestinians a viable state,” Falk said. “They
[the Israelis] feel time is on their side. They feel they can create
enough facts on the ground so people will come to the conclusion a
viable state cannot emerge.”

The use of terror and hunger to break a hostile population is one of
the oldest forms of warfare. I watched the Bosnian Serbs employ the
same tactic in Sarajevo. Those who orchestrate such sieges do not
grasp the terrible rage born of long humiliation, indiscriminate
violence and abuse. A father or a mother whose child dies because of a
lack of vaccines or proper medical care does not forget. A boy whose
ill grandmother dies while detained at an Israel checkpoint does not
forget. All who endure humiliation, abuse and the murder of family
members do not forget. This rage becomes a virus within those who,
eventually, stumble out into the daylight. Is it any wonder that 71
percent of children interviewed at a school in Gaza recently said they
wanted to be a “martyr”?

The Israelis in Gaza, like the American forces in Iraq and
Afghanistan, are foolishly breeding the next generation of militants
and Islamic radicals. Jihadists, enraged by the injustices done by
Israel and the United States, seek to carry out reciprocal acts of
savagery, even at the cost of their own lives. The violence unleashed
on Palestinian children will, one day, be the violence unleashed on
Israeli children. This is the tragedy of Gaza. This is the tragedy of
Israel.

http://www.truthdig.com/report/item/20081215_israels_crime_against_humanity/

http://www.truthdig.com/report/page2/20081215_israels_crime_against_humanity/
drref
2009-01-01 15:02:17 UTC
[...]

ITS THE ROCKETS STOOOPID
and re: next generation of hating Israel, it will happen anyway, due to
Islam, so the Israeli choice??? being hated and being safe, or being hated
and being unsafe.
Easy choice.